- The filmmaker has read and understood the rules and regulations and to the best of their knowledge, all statements are true. The filmmaker is duly authorized to submit this film to Long Distance Film Fest.
- It is the filmmaker(s) responsibility to have all releases for any and all subject content. The opinion(s) expressed in the film are those of the filmmakers, not the festival or its associates.
- The Festival reserves the right to modify credit sequences to smooth the transition between films in a given screening block. All credit sequences will be shown.
- All music and other copyrighted material used must be properly licensed.
- Submissions must be in English or have English subtitles.
- Cover letters are preferred but optional.
New awards and partnerships will be announced in the future! Please stay tuned.
- An “Audience Award” will be given to the three most popular films of the festival through a form on our official website. The winner of these awards will each receive a copy of screenwriting software Final Draft.
- Jury awards will be given out to a variety of films throughout the fest. Last year’s winners were given a featured spot on Kinoscope.org as part of its LDFF Spotlight along with an annual membership to Mubi. Prizes for this year’s festival will be announced in the coming months.
- A group of filmmakers will be selected as “semi-finalists,” their work may not screen during the festival but will receive festival laurels as well as opportunities in the filmmaking community.
- All semi-finalists and filmmakers selected to screen during the festival will be connected to an online community of their peers.
- Festival laurels will be provided for all official selections and semi-finalists.
January 5, 2021
February 5, 2021
March 5, 2021
March 26, 2021
April 15, 2021
Too Late Deadline
April 30, 2021
May 27-31, 2021