- The filmmaker has read and understood the rules and regulations and to the best of their knowledge, all statements are true. The filmmaker is duly authorized to submit this film to Long Distance Film Fest.
- It is the filmmaker(s) responsibility to have all releases for any and all subject content. The opinion(s) expressed in the film are those of the filmmakers, not the festival or its associates.
- The Festival reserves the right to modify credit sequences to smooth the transition between films in a given screening block. All credit sequences will be shown.
- All music and other copyrighted material used must be properly licensed.
- Submissions must be in English or have English subtitles.
- Cover letters are preferred but optional.
- An “Audience Award” will be given to the three most popular films of the festival through a form on our official website. The winner of these awards will each receive a copy of screenwriting software Final Draft as well as an annual membership to curated streaming service Mubi, a fee waiver from NoBudge, and a tote bag from Oscilloscope Laboratories.
- Jury awards will be handed out by our All-Star jury—Jessica Dunn Rovinelli, Jourdain Searles, and David Ehrlich—to several films throughout the fest. Winners will receive an annual membership to Mubi, an annual membership to NoBudge2, a fee waiver from NoBudge, a hardcover copy of “Just Like A Shadow” by Jonas Mekas, as well as a tote bag from Oscilloscope Laboratories.
- A group of filmmakers will be selected as “semi-finalists,” their work may not screen during the festival but will receive festival laurels as well as opportunities in the filmmaking community.
- All semi-finalists and filmmakers selected to screen during the festival will be connected to an online community of their peers.
- Festival laurels will be provided for all official selections and semi-finalists.
January 5, 2021
February 5, 2021
March 5, 2021
March 30, 2021
April 20, 2021
Too Late Deadline
May 4, 2021
May 27-31, 2021